Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tiled Mirror

We had very boring builder grade mirrors in our powder room, to spice things up I bought small square tiles from Home Depot to update our mirror.

I will have more detailed pics and better lighting going forward-
I bought two sheets of square tiles and tile adhesive ($3-$5) 
Before you start this project, make sure you have moved all stuff from the counter and also have wiped the mirror clean.

I used windex to clean the mirror before I got started.
Next I cut each tile out from the sheet and used a little adhesive (I used Kwik seal) and lined up the tiles  across the border.
In case of odd spots, you can get a tile cutter (again Home Depot or Lowes) to cut through the tile.

The project did take me a entire sunday afternoon, again I had breaks in btw. 

We have had a number of compliments when guest have used the powder room.
This project cost $25-$30 much cheaper than replacing mirror, patching dry wall and painting.







































A house is made of bricks and beams. A HOME is made of hopes and dreams :)

SJP

1 comment:

  1. You will not believe if I said that I have this project on my to-do list too....:-). Replacing a mirror is expensive.

    ReplyDelete